Dear ARPA community,
To make sure that fellows of ARPA community are well informed of the latest developments of the team, we will update the project dynamics and progress in ARPA community in our monthly report. Thank you all for your support!
This is March in the rear view. Enjoy!
01 ARPA Development Dynamics & Technology Progress
- New functions — back-end functions and API design of staking pool
- Registered the staking pool node and designed the reward database
- Upgraded the reward calculation functionality
- Mainnet administrator dashboard design and development
- Developed and updated the cancel function of MPC node
- Designed and developed the front end of the staking pool
- Optimized the existing front-end API call rules to speed up the page response
- Upgraded the mainnet wallet page, split MPC node application and pledge the pool
- Cooperated with API upgrade to complete front-end access
- Fixed the bug where the total reward amount is incorrectly displayed for some users when the total number of rewards is more than 6,000.
- Optimized withdrawal workflow to avoid withdrawal failure when the total number of rewards is more than 6,000.
Staking: Mining Pool
- Designed the user pledged pool process and front-end; implemented the mining pool components
- Completed the local testing of user pledged pool process
- Redesigned the pool functionality, which would allow the users to pledge to a certain pool node multiple times, and users would simultaneously pledge multiple pool nodes
- Redesigned and implemented the mining pool revenue calculation logic, and calculated the revenue by the users’ total pledge amount of different pools
- Researched on the robustness and identifiable abort of threshold signature
- Researched on signature aggregation protocol based on Schnorr scheme
- Researched on signature aggregation protocol based on BLS curve signature
- Investigated the auditable secp256k1 threshold signature algorithm
- Specification design of distributed random number algorithm for node election
- Survey of secure channels for threshold signatures
- Designed fixed address relay service architecture for BTC and ETH
- Researched on general asymmetric and asynchronous MPC protocol
02 Community, Marketing & Listings
On March 27th, ARPA Foundation bought back and burnt 10,000,000 ARPA tokens from the market which was worth $70,000 at the time of burn. The burnt tokens have been transferred to the corresponding black hole address: 0x168115cf806009f8984f47c90033e9a9705b4f65
Listing on HitBTC
ARPA reached a strategic partnership with HitBTC, a leading trading platform based in the UK. The two will collaborate in areas such as community building and the application of MPC as well as threshold signature in areas such as decentralized exchange (DEX) and decentralized finance(DeFi). The partnership will bring ARPA a strong alliance in the EU area, which will be a great and integral addition to the ARPA global community.
Binance $10,000 Airdrop to ARPA Community
Binance airdropped $10,000 USDT to ARPA global community for newly registered spot- and futures accounts.
ARPA was Added to the FTX Dragon Index (DRGN-PERP)
The derivatives exchange FTX announced that it has included ARPA in its Dragon Index. Dragon Index (DRGN-PERP) is a basket of 9 most popular tokens of Chinese origin. As the latest addition, ARPA will have equal weight as its 8 predecessors, Bytom(BTM), IOST, NEO, NULS, Ontology(ONT), QTUM, Tron(TRX) and Vechain(VET).
To know more about the Dragon Index (DRGN-PERP):
This is a significant recognition of APRA’s technological advancement, community development, token tradability, trading depth and liquidity. Dragon Index will greatly increase ARPA’s liquidity and depth on existing exchanges such as Binance, Huobi Global, Gate.io, KuCoin, HitBTC, etc.
Establishment of African Community
ARPA supporters from Africa can now come together in one community.The African community currently has ARPA supporters from Ghana, Kenya, Nigeria, South Africa, Zimbabwe, Uganda and other countries. This is the 10th largest language ARPA community after Chinese, English, Thai, Indonesian, Russian, Vietnamese, Filipino, Turkish, and Korean.
With the establishment of the ARPA African community, ARPA will work with local blockchain enthusiasts to jointly promote the development of African blockchain ecology and the advancement of blockchain technology.
ARPA Launches on BetaEX and Held Online AMA
ARPA launched BetaEX at 10:00 (UTC + 8) on March 16, 2020, Hong Kong time, listed the ARPA / USDT trading pair.
ARPA x CryptoBuffet AMA
At 8 pm on March 9th, Suterusu, Force Protocol, and ARPA were invited to participate in CryptoBuffet’s online AMA. ARPA CEO & co-founder Felix Xu shared how threshold signature technology can play with the blockchain and ARPA’s vision for DEX and DeFi in 2020.
ARPA x FTX AMA with Mars Finance
The derivatives exchange FTX announced that it has included ARPA in its Dragon Index. Dragon Index (DRGN-PERP) is a basket of 9 most popular tokens of Chinese origin. As the latest addition, ARPA has equal weight as its 8 predecessors, Bytom(BTM), IOST, NEO, NULS, Ontology(ONT), QTUM, Tron(TRX) and Vechain(VET).
At 2 pm on March 19th, ARPA and FTX did an AMA with Mars Finance. ARPA CEO Felix Xu and FTX COO Constance shared their thoughts over ARPA’s join to FTX Dragon Index.
ARPA/VNDT Listed on Vietnamese Regulated Exchange Bvnex
At 16:00 (Hong Kong time) on March 19, 2020, ARPA/VNDT pair was officially listed on Bvnex, a compliant exchange in Vietnam with Vietnamese Dong fiat gateway.
Users can purchase ARPA directly on Bvnex with the Vietnamese Dong. This move will further help ARPA to expand its foundation in the Vietnamese community.
ARPA is a blockchain-based solution for privacy-preserving computation, enabled by Multi-Party Computation (“MPC”). Founded in April 2018, the goal of ARPA is to separate data utility from ownership, and enable data renting. ARPA’s MPC protocol creates ways for multiple entities to collaboratively analyze data and extract data synergies, while keeping each party’s data input private and secure. ARPA allows secret sharing of private data, and the correctness of computation is verifiable using information-theoretic Message Authentication Code (MAC).
Developers can build privacy-preserving dApps on blockchains compatible with ARPA. Some immediate use cases include: credit anti-fraud, secure data wallet, precision marketing, joint AI model training, key management systems, etc. For example, banks using the ARPA network can share their credit blacklist with each other for risk management purposes without exposing their customer data or privacy.
Team members have worked at leading institutions such as Google, Amazon, Huawei, Fosun, Tsinghua University, Fidelity Investments. ARPA is currently assisting the China Academy of Information and Communications Technology in setting the national standard for secure multi-party computation. ARPA is a corporate member of MPC Alliance and IEEE and is in partnership with fortune 500 companies to implement proof-of-concepts and MPC products. In 2019, ARPA was named as the Top 10 most innovative blockchain companies in China by China Enterprise News and China Software Industry Association.
For more information about ARPA, or to join our team, please contact us at email@example.com.
Learn about ARPA’s recent official news：
Telegram (English): https://t.me/arpa_community
Telegram (Việt Nam): https://t.me/ARPAVietnam
Telegram (Russian): https://t.me/arpa_community_ru
Telegram (Indonesian): https://t.me/Arpa_Indonesia
Telegram (Thai): https://t.me/Arpa_Thai
Telegram (Turkish): https://t.me/Arpa_Turkey