ARPA Randcast Meets Optimism: Facilitating the Next Wave of On-Chain Gaming and Autonomous Worlds Building
We are thrilled to announce the launch of ARPA Randcast on Optimism, paving the way for a more vibrant and dynamic experience for both developers and users alike. This strategic move amplifies our commitment to foster a more secure, dynamic, and immersive experience in the world of on-chain games and Autonomous Worlds.
Randcast: A Developer’s Treasure
While many tools in the blockchain space offer functionality, Randcast goes a step further. It’s not just a tool, but an ally. While tools wait for a command, allies anticipate needs. Randcast understands, contributes, and supports those who wish to:
- Add Randomness with Confidence: Randcast employs multiple nodes in the ARPA Network to generate randomness through BLS Threshold signature tasks, which means that no single node has the ability to manipulate the final randomness result.
- Achieve Flexibility in Integration: Randcast has an easy-to-use Smart Contract SDK that can be directly integrated into DApps to provide out-of-the-box functionalities like rolling a dice, shuffling an array, generating in-game item attributes based on probability, creating random in-game maps or dungeons, and deciding the probability outcomes of a lottery. The SDK is written in Solidity and can be used in any EVM-compatible blockchain.
- Ensure High Availability: Randcast leverages the ARPA Network to provide randomness service. Inheriting from the BLS threshold signature network, Randcast’s design avoids heavy synchronous communication during the random number generation phase, ensuring high availability as the network grows.
- Benefit from Fee Estimation: Randcast provides accurate estimations of the token required to cover request fees. This ensures sufficient funds are available in the account to avoid failed requests due to insufficient balance.
Why Optimism(OP stack)?
- EVM Equivalence over EVM Compatibility: Optimism isn’t just another L2 solution; its design is rooted in EVM equivalence, which ensures a seamless experience for developers, bridging the gap between L1 and L2 with minimal friction.
- Lack of Native RNG: Unlike platforms like Polygon, Optimism does not yet have a mature and secure randomness solution. Therefore, Randcast aims to bridge this gap, providing the ecosystem with a trustworthy source of randomness.
- Lower Gas Fees for Enhanced Engagement: By leveraging Optimism’s design, Randcast offers a more affordable and secure experience, effectively sidestepping the often prohibitive gas fees, resulting in a significantly enhanced user experience.
- Foundation for L2-specific SDKs: Our deployment on L2 serves as a foundation for supporting SDK calls to Randcast, further enhancing the adaptability and utility of our solution.
- Adaptability for Autonomous Worlds: As Autonomous Worlds emerge at the forefront of our digital journey, Optimism’s adaptability and foundational strengths make it an ideal partner for Randcast. By integrating with Optimism, the duo promises to infuse a level of unpredictability and dynamism, enriching user experiences and expanding the horizons of what’s possible in on-chain gaming.
What’s Next on the Horizon?
Our integration with Optimism is just a foundation in our continuous journey. Randcast’s commitment to pushing boundaries remains steadfast. We’re poised to expand our RNG services across diverse networks, facilitating developers to harness the true essence of randomness. The road ahead is exciting, and we invite you to join us in exploring every unpredictable twist it holds.
A Continued Belief in On-Chain Games and the Autonomous Worlds
The landscape of on-chain gaming and the emergence of Autonomous Worlds presents a frontier that’s bursting with potential. It becomes essential to have a robust infrastructure that can support the intricate tapestry of interactions, dynamics, and unpredictability. This is where Optimism(OP stack) emerges as a key enabler.
Optimism(OP stack)’s strengths aren’t just technical; they’re foundational. Its focus on simplicity, pragmatism, and sustainability makes it an ideal substrate upon which the vast landscapes of AW can thrive. Optimism(OP stack)’s adaptability guarantees a robust network infrastructure, perfectly accommodating the evolving demands of AW. This foundational stability, in turn, provides the ideal ground for the dynamic unpredictability introduced by tools like Randcast at the application layer.
Furthermore, every developer understands that the infrastructure underpinning an application is as crucial as its features. With Optimism’s EVM equivalence, not only can you write every DApp in Solidity, but they also run more than 100 times faster than on Ethereum L1. This provides a streamlined foundation, ensuring every project you develop retains its familiarity but with amplified efficiency. With Randcast, developers would have a straightforward and efficient solution to amplify their DApp’s capabilities and the user’s experience. Here’s how:
- Dynamic Encounters: With Randcast, developers can integrate spontaneous and unpredictable events into their games. Imagine a strategy game where weather patterns, influenced by Randcast, can unpredictably change the course of a battle or an RPG where random encounters are genuinely unforeseen, making every player’s journey unique.
- Enriched Virtual Economies: Use Randcast to determine resource spawns, loot drops, or market fluctuations in on-chain games. Such dynamic economies can provide players with ever-changing challenges and opportunities, driving engagement and longevity.
- Algorithmic Storytelling: In the vast expanses of Autonomous Worlds, narratives can take a life of their own. Randcast can power algorithmic storytelling, where plots, characters, and events unfold in unforeseen ways, ensuring that every exploration into these worlds is a unique tale.
- Simulated Natural Processes: For developers sculpting Autonomous Worlds, Randcast can be used to simulate the unpredictability of natural processes. Whether it’s the blossoming of rare flora, the migration patterns of virtual fauna, or even geological events like earthquakes and volcanoes, Randcast ensures these worlds echo the dynamic rhythm of nature.
Join us on this exciting journey as we together breathe life into the Autonomous Worlds, ensuring they are not just vast expanses of data but living, evolving universes teeming with unpredictability, dynamism, and life. With every unpredictable twist and turn, developers can offer experiences that are not just immersive but also ever-evolving, ensuring that the digital frontier remains exciting, fresh, and boundlessly creative.
ARPA Network (ARPA) is a decentralized secure computation network built to improve the fairness, security, and privacy of blockchains. ARPA threshold BLS signature network serves as the infrastructure of verifiable Random Number Generator (RNG), secure wallet, cross-chain bridge, and decentralized custody across multiple blockchains.
ARPA was previously known as ARPA Chain, a privacy-preserving Multi-party Computation (MPC) network founded in 2018. ARPA Mainnet has completed over 224,000 computation tasks in the past years. Our experience in MPC and other cryptography laid the foundation for our innovative threshold BLS signature schemes (TSS-BLS) system design and led us to today’s ARPA Network.
Randcast, a verifiable Random Number Generator (RNG), is the first application that leverages ARPA as infrastructure. Randcast offers a cryptographically generated random source with superior security and low cost compared to other solutions. Metaverse, game, lottery, NFT minting and whitelisting, key generation, and blockchain validator task distribution can benefit from Randcast’s tamper-proof randomness.
For more information about ARPA or to join our team, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Learn about ARPA’s recent official news：
Telegram (English): https://t.me/arpa_community
Telegram (Turkish): https://t.me/Arpa_Turkey
Telegram (Việt Nam): https://t.me/ARPAVietnam
Telegram (Russian): https://t.me/arpa_community_ru
Telegram (Indonesian): https://t.me/Arpa_Indonesia